Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glass

exploit and strike at all my weaknesses
hurt me from the inside
once a prince among the princesses
now a whore and rid of pride

head down
cast that stare to the floor
legs wide
there's not a thing left to hide
surrender is a pretty thing you know
a broken heart a shattered mind

and you all think i'm so beautiful
you all think i'm so kind
such shiny shards for a fool
make you bleed make you blind

for all the pain i bear inside me
i'll buy you a kingdom of glass

(c) Jazhara Keon, 2009

1 comment:

  1. I found it interesting to go back and rustle through your previous entries. The light changes as the location of the sun shifts, no?

    I've not had enough cawfee to comment brilliantly (is there ever enough cawfee?), but you know my thoughts on the poem. Now I've even more and will hunt you down to poke and prod at your grey matter later.

    ReplyDelete