Friday, March 27, 2009

NIN Remix Of The Week 01

Ever since Trent Reznor decided to offer multitracks of NIN songs for free to the public, a lot of creative minds have picked up where Trent thought he was finished. You can find almost every remix ever made of NIN tracks at remix.nin.com; that includes remixes that have been released before of pre-Year Zero tracks, but what is even more delicious is that everyone that wants to share their remix of any NIN track, and offer it to listen and download, can do so right there. As such, you can imagine there's a LOT to go through, something I do gladly as a fervent NIN fan.

Now and then a jewel of a remix pops up, and I play it on my show in Second Life. Next to that, I'm going to try to give you a weekly NIN remix that popped up for me (try, because I'm not good at regular stuff ;p).

As such, I present to you:

(download expired, please contact me if you still want this mp3 :)

My impression? NIN meets Celldweller. Check out the remixer here and give kudo's where kudo's are deserved! This guy's been working on the music road for a good amount of time, drums in the band 'Radiator' signed with EMI (yeah, I know, bad, evil record companies, but still.. yanno..), and well... manages to make a damn groovy remix.

Enjoy!

[UPDATE]: After a bit of contact with Chris Rose (the remixer of the offered track), he told me his band Radiator is no longer with EMI, and currently unsigned. (Yay on one hand, sad on the other). They toured with Motorhead, Queens of the Stoneage and Muse, which I'm not really surprised with after hearing some of their tunes on their myspace page. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some of their music so I can properly introduce them in The Splinter ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm listening to and loving the Mix. THANKS!!!

    ~WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome mix I think, glad you like it as well!

    Be sure to visit the other links in the post as well, Radiator is quite worth having a closer listen to!

    ReplyDelete