Friday, March 27, 2009

I Think I Did It. Finally.

After almost three years in Second Life, I build my own club after being disappointed with 99% of the clubs in SL. Club Reactor was/is great, and before that Club Excess for which I came to SL in the first place, but I feel it's time to open something of my own.

The Splinter has been in the making for quite a while. Constantly adding little pieces, changing little things, and I'm sure that will continue, but for now the build is pretty much 'finished':


I hope I have managed to create an intimate setting that appeals to all walks of life. A mix of contemporary, urban grunge and 'accessible underground' was my initial ideal, and I have the feeling I found the middle ground I was searching for.

In the meantime I'm still looking for a couple of DJ's. Of course I'll be DJ'ing myself here sundays at the usual 2pm SLT, but I'd like The Splinter to become a place where several DJ's will be able to give their listeners an enjoyable time with delicious tunes. One of the DJ's I've been able to trap into a weekly slot is Seren Dawes. She'll be spinning the tunes on thursdays after the official opening on April 3rd.

"So can I come over already?" you might ask. Why yes you can! Just because it's not 'officially open' doesn't mean you can't hop over and meet other people with a similarly curious mind. Here's your TAXI to downtown Manhattan.

PS. The tables are NOT for dancing ;)

PSPS. After you visited, I'd love to see some comments here about how you like The Splinter!

3 comments:

  1. I already love it, have loved it, and love you guys! Can't wait for the big opening! :) A wonderful place to just be, enjoy friends, photos and a laugh..or whatever else arises... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! I hope you still remember me......i used to be at reactor, Rosner Hamer......
    As i think you already know im also a dj in RL using the name AlexR www.myspace.com/2module and never played in SL because i never found the right place....the splinter seams to me the perfect spot.....
    Kisses from Portugal.
    Se you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosner!
    Of course I remember you. I also remember you having a great taste of music judging the music you let me hear before!

    I'd love to have you in The Splinter, hit me up in-world and we'll set a day and time :D

    ReplyDelete