Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Intelligent conversation

Jazhara Keon: ~prod~
Alexandra Claymore: ~poke~
Jazhara Keon: -.o
Alexandra Claymore: :O
Jazhara Keon: D:
Alexandra Claymore: :P
Jazhara Keon: !!!
Alexandra Claymore: <3
Jazhara Keon: :)
Alexandra Claymore: :D
Jazhara Keon: ok this is SO gonna go on the blog!
Alexandra Claymore: XD

It's almost like talking in code, but it's not. Ok, it is. Actually, a lot is said with as much as 2 characters each time. Sometimes, a facial expression says it all. Body language still makes up about 55% of our communication, where words have no more meaning than 7% (according to Albert Mehrabian)

Now, what we could do ofcourse, like Alex and I used to do for hours and hours is write out all we say and do and look like and express ourselves, but sometimes, an emoticon says more than a thousand words ;)

2 comments:

  1. "Surely everyone will agree that the “&” symbol is the funniest character on the keyboard. It looks funny (like a jolly fat man in convulsions of laughter.) It sounds funny…I just know if I could get my nose into the vacuum [tubes of the computer monitor] it would even smell funny!”

    That was one of the previous posts in the bulletin board conversation in which the smiley ':-)' was reportedly first suggested.

    How different things could have been...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goosey !! :D (<--see the intent use of emoticons??)

    First I thought I'd have to get your nose out of my screen, but now I see...

    It could have been different indeed, though I think people naturally would use facial expressions most. the "&" symbol just doesn't cut it :P

    ..you need at least 2, like ":&"
    The meaning of the "&" kinda changed though ;)

    ReplyDelete