Saturday, April 25, 2009

NIN Remix Of The Week 05

I'm starting to think I'm Nine Inch Nails indoctrinated. I have no more creativity of myself. All is inspired by Trent Reznor. I hate him. I hate him with a fucking vengeance.

I'll explain why:
After I got my new girlfriend Leslie, and played around with Ableton, I don't seem to be even remotely able to come up with something completely original. (For the people who didn't get it the first time: Leslie is my Les Paul Special II guitar, and Ableton is a software program for creating and arranging music on PC or Mac.) Everything I do is somehow related to a NIN song. Like that, I came to almost the exact same riff as the chorus in 'Head Down', so I decided to start remaking/remixing that one. Next 'coincidence' was 'Not So Pretty Now' though admittedly, I did intend to remake that one from the start. Now, just yet, just today, I played and recorded two riffs over eachother for a somewhat simple harmonious and rhythmic playfulness and guess what? It sounded exactly like 'The Beginning of the End'. To check if I was really that badly influenced, I opened the multitracks from the Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D DVD, and yep... I was only 2 bpm off (original is 138bpm, I recorded on 140bpm). A minor transpose to the copied vocal tracks and voila: A remake of 'The Beginning of the End' in the making.

Three times is a charm. I have been doomed to obey the will of our father who art in Los Angeles. Thou music come in the studio as well as on stage and in every fucking bedroom. Get the fuck out of my head, Trent. ~grumblemutter~

Anyway, enough bullshitting. I'm again a day late with your weekly dose of NIN-remixedness. For the occasion, I present you:


It's definitely not the best I heard fron NIN, and also not the best I've heard from Ladytron, but it makes a great track to surprise you while you aren't really listening.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment