Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Splinter Grand Opening: An Impression

As soon as the notices went out, and as soon as Seren started spinning her tunes, The Splinter filled up with people. Good people I must add.
The audience was diverse and social, and lots of chatting, jokes and dancing went on and oh joy! No-one seemed to have a 'woooooo!' gesture active, no one started green-spam-spanking the whole crowd, and there were no ridiculous particle poofers to disrupt the great atmosphere. To me it felt like the right people came to the right place at the right time.

Seren played a great set, the music was uplifting, energetic and flowed greatly with the audience, and I think her tips underlined the fact she did a great job. I am really, really happy to have her aboard and hope she'll stick around for a long time to come.


The party wouldn't have been complete for me without The Sisters of Mercy (~points at the picture above~ oh how I'd like to read their IM's when they get silent in public ~smirk~)


After my own set, Bionic joined us just in time to take over with a wicked psytrance set that lasted for another 4 hours. S/he, too, made this whole event a happening I'll remember for a long time to come.

All in all, it was a great night, with great music, great people, and a great atmosphere; the exact atmosphere I hoped to capture when I made the Splinter, and an atmosphere I hope to maintain.

If you were there this night, thank you bunches!! If you happened to miss it, I hope you'll find yourself able to taste this place soon, you are most welcome!

3 comments:

  1. you're too modest, jaz...you glossed over your own set, which was aural gothy dancey sexayyy goodness of the MOST yummeh kind. the build, which is *lickable* and all the pretty, pretty people who came to play in such a lovely, good natured way. i'm not normally verra good with strangers, but everyone there was sosoverykind...and the funneh was a rollin'. congrats on your labors of lurve to bring the Splinter to fruition; you've birthed a rare gem indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! My modesty worked! I got my ego stroked without doing it myself ^_^

    Thank you!

    (and admitted, I did blush a little when reading that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... and you forgot to mention the hawt girl with the white hair and thigh highs :p

    ReplyDelete